Friday, January 14, 2011

A House Full of LOVE...

As I hear about sadness and sorrow in the lives of others (my Dad's health and a family friend passing away) I am sad for them...but it gives me a reminder to be thankful for what and who I have in my life. Yet another thing I am working on in the "Change Year". To be more thankful and live life in the moment as we never know when our last moment will be.

At the beginning of the week my Dad was hospitalized for an infection in his leg and at the same time he found out a close friend of his had passed away. I was sad as it is so hard to loose someone you are about...but I was also worried abut my Dad's health. My Dad called me and let me know he was out of the hospital after one day of them pumping him full of antibiotics. I was so relieved to hear his chipper voice. Then he proceeded to tell me that he would be in Santa Rosa today for Rick's funeral. I was surprised to hear he was going to make the 6 hour trip down after just getting out of the hospital a couple days earlier. But my ad felt it was important to pay his respects to Margie and Rick's Family. So, of course I asked him if h would have time to come by and see us before he headed home (they were planning on driving down and back home in the same day) to Grenada. He promised to try, but it just depended on the funeral. It isn't very often that my Dad comes down and he only sees his granddaughters a couple times a year, so I was praying that he could make the time.

As 5pm rolled around, I figured that I wouldn't be hearing from my Dad...but at about 5:10pm my phone rang. it was my step mom Patty calling to say they were on their way to our house for a short visit before heading back home. Lexie was so excited she was squealing in delight.

They arrived and there were hugs and squealing all around. They stayed for a bit over an hour. It was WONDERFUL to see them and watch Lexie interact with both of them.

Then at about 5:45 my cousin Lena came walking through the door (she has been over at her friends house who just happens to live next door to me). She stayed for over an hour...

It was a house full of love today...I LOVE my family and am so thankful for them...all of them. Without them i wouldn't be the person that I am today...

Praying for a safe trip home for Dad and Patty...

Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

SuSu said...

What a grand day you had. Family visits are the best.