Monday, January 31, 2011

Breakfast...for Dinner?

Do you ever get home from work and just say, "Let's have breakfast for dinner."? I really LOVE breakfast and since my Hub isn't much of a eater in the morning, I sometimes decide to have breakfast for dinner. And that is exactly what happened this evening.

For Christmas my cousin Brian and his wife Erin got us a package of Betty's Diner pancake mix. Apparently it is this really great diner in Berkeley and they have AWESOME pancakes. They typically get us some really great food items as our Christmas gift and let me tell you, everything they get us is always AMAZING!

We had pancakes and bacon for dinner. The pancakes were soooo good. Lexie loved them so much she asked for seconds. Luckily we had leftovers, so I put them in the freezer for Lexie to have this weekend. And the bacon, it was prefect..crispy, but not burnt. Just the way my Hub likes it.

Sadly, I forgot to make the country potatoes to go with our pancakes and bacon...bummer.

All in all, it was a yummy dinner...Can't wait to have breakfast for dinner again.

2 comments:

SuSu said...

Sounds yummy. We like to do that too! Breakfast time is good anytime!

Amy said...

Breakfast for dinner is a common occurrence at our house. If I make breakfast for dinner I know Max won't complain about what we are eating. He has dinner issues...