Tuesday, January 11, 2011

WONDERMENT...

This is such a wonderful word. A very dear friend of mine enlightened me to this word several years ago. I thank her very much for it as I use it quite often.

So, while having a conversation today with this same dear friend about the very complex minds of men (mind you, we were laughing this entire time) I have decided that a man's mind is a complete WONDERMENT to me. I have decided that I am not even going to try to figure them out. I will just laugh at the odd and silly things they say and remember that they are just a WONDERMENT...

I mean, can you really get a better word...?

So, to move back a couple steps to yesterday and what I posted...about "2011 is A Time for Change". Well, today was my first step in "A Time for Change", starting with my approach at discussions with the Man. I certainly didn't get the outcome I was looking for, but I DID feel so much better about the way I approached it.

Today was also my first day at taking a different approach with my cranky Lou...Lexie had a really rough at school (I even got a note from the teacher)...poor little girl was very slow moving almost fell asleep in her food today. So, when we got home she wasn't in the best mood. Her forehead was really warm and she looked a little pale. Instead of rushing to get dinner made, I sat with her for the majority of the evening and didn't stress about the nightly routine of events that take place in our house like clockwork. So she didn't get a bath, so what...I gave her the extra snuggling onthe couch that she needed and tried my very best to be more patient with her crankiness. It worked much better and I DID get the outcome I was hoping for as she was more positive and less cranky...

Each day is a baby step...sometimes forward and sometime back...but as today comes to an end, I feel that I have taken my first baby step FORWARD in changing my "approach" on things for the better.

I can change???...that is a WONDERMENT in itself...HA HA

2 comments:

SuSu said...

Awesome. Awesome. Awesome.

Tiffany said...

Me likey.....