Friday, March 12, 2010

Seven months has passed...

So, it has been seven months since my last posting...I am obviously not very good at blogging. I am really going to try and blog on a regular basis...especially since I will be on maternity leave.

So, Lexie is now 19 months old and I have 6 weeks to go until our new little girl is set to arrive. How time really flies by. I still feel that there is so much to get done. We need to get Lexie moved into her big girl room this weekend and I need to get the infant clothes out of storage and get them washed and put away in the nursery. I also need to get the play yard and bassinet out of storage and washed. The stress level rises daily when I am adding more things to my "To Do" list. Especially when I am adding more to the list than what I am marking off as completed each day. Ugg...

An update with Lexie...

Well, we have finally finished Lexie's "big girl" room and she will be sleeping in her "big girl" bed for the first time tonight. Pray for us that it goes well. We completed our application for College Oak Montessori (Preschool) a year and a half ago. We DO plan early as there is usually a VERY LONG waiting list. So, we will find out the beginning of April if she will be starting there for the fall session on August 23rd...YIKES!!! My little girl is growing up sooo fast. I have been taking Lexie to Kindergym on Saturday mornings with a friend and her little girl. The kids get to climb and play for about 40 minutes, then it is circle time and we sing songs. I think it is great for Lexie to have that interaction with a dozen kids her own age. She needs to get used to a larger kid environment to help transition her into preschool.

And Phil...well, he is taking another REALLY HARD class at SSU...so that takes A LOT of time with the studying and reviewing of notes and such. Boy will I be sooo happy when he graduates. 3 more years to go and we will finally get to have a real marriage and family...meaning we will actually be able to do things together. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

And last, this Preggo Dago belly of mine is getting bigger every day. I sometimes wonder just how much my skin on my stomach can stretch... AND SLEEP...I MEAN REALLY? What is sleep these days? It takes be 5 minutes just to roll from one side to the other and when I do wake up from a deep sleep, I find myself on my back (which is not the place you want to sleep when you are pregnant-accoring to my doctor)...so it again takes me 5 minutes just to roll onto my side with the 5 gazillion pillows on the bed. Poor Phil, he really hugs the edge of the bed and prays every night not to fall off on the floor. I wait for the night that he gets out of bed (or should I say "fall" out of bed) and heads downstairs to the couch...Pregnant wife and pillows dominate...

2 comments:

SuSu said...

Very nice. Now I hope to see you sooner than 7 months next time, unless of course you are on the 7 month plan. In which case see you in 7!

Mr. Puggle® said...

Hey Murphy! Hang with the puggle posse sometime. Us puggles have to stick together.